Monday, August 6, 2012

How I know this whole roommate thing will work out just fine.

This is how I know Brittany and I will do pretty well as roommates. I had some really stressful days this past week. Between four days of moving, work assignments, summer school assignments, losing a pet, and getting little sleep, I was feeling pretty grumpy by Sunday. Brittany was a champ through it all, though. She cleaned my carpet before I moved in, helped me pack and move boxes, unloaded and put away all my food and kitchen supplies, and let me eat her food. Girl's kind of my hero.


Hero Brittany to the rescue.

By Sunday night, after spending most of the day slaving away over a report for work that I promised my boss she would have by that afternoon, I needed a milkshake. Nay, I DESERVED a milkshake! Nothing would sooth my harried soul like consuming the most delicious ice cream concoction Sonic has the ability to craft (half price shakes after 8 pm has made me a loyal Sonic customer). When I mentioned this need to Brittany, she nodded vehemently. She might even have scream-whispered, which definitely signals that she's both interested and excited. She'd been feeling kind of crummy all day, so she said a milkshake would do her some good as well (girl after my own heart!). By 10 pm, we were Sonic bound. We both got chocolate malts and they were both delicious.

While waiting for the carhop to bring us our malts, I said some ridiculous things (as per usual) about Sonic's payment system and PINs and credit card security and what have you. I'd like to blame it on the lack of sleep delirium, but let's be real: I'm always just a little ridiculous. Anyway, this night's topics led me to acknoweldge how much I complain about lots of little things that don't matter, which in turn led to the creation of...my own political party! That way I can complain about random things that don't matter AND make money while I do it (like all great politicians)! My movement is aptly named the Ann Hamilton party. The slogan is, "There ain't no party like an Ann Hamilton party!" Everyone who joins my party gets to be an Ann Hamilton. Brittany said that everyone should get a badge with my face on it to identify loyal Ann Hamiltons. We're gonna change the world, guys.

My name is Ann Hamilton and I approve this coffee.

And if that hasn't sold you, the day after our milkshake adventure, Brittany made dinner so I could study, and then she ate a whole bunch of oreos with me.

So yeah. I think this whole roommate thing is gonna work out just fine. 

PS - You're welcome, Sonic, for the free advertisement.

EDIT

Y'all. As I was getting ready to post this tonight, Brittany and I had an epic roommate bonding sing-a-long in the kitchen. For some reason, I had the Strong Bad email "Montage" stuck in my head. Specifically, I had part of the end credits on a loop in my head. When I asked Brittany if she knew what Homestar Runner was, she said yes. And we both got really excited. And I sang "Partyin'! Party party party in a wagon!" And then we proceeded to sing "Trogdor" in high pitched voices. And it was amazing. It's like we were meant for each other!


Burninating all the people who live in THATCHED ROOF COTTAGEEEEES!

Also, Brittany needs me. Today I taught her about organic milk, which she didn't know doesn't expire as quickly as regular milk. I also taught her the word "wonky," which I said when I couldn't get the cookies we made to transfer from pan to cooling rack in their perfect cookie shapes (Brittany somehow managed to get them to come off the pan without breaking, which is just plain typical. She's like Queen Spatula).


Paula Deen's got nothing on me.

Then she said, "Have a wonky cookie sandwich!" in a somewhat crazed voice, followed by, "Ah've gawt tha wonky cookie on mah fwace!" as she tried to eat said wonky cookie.

But I also need Brittany. She's making me pot roast for dinner tomorrow. And she likes to drink coffee in the morning. And she gets stern with me when I need to do Econ homework and threatens to eat all the ice cream if I don't. What a good roommate.


Life is always interesting in E26. Stay tuned for updates about zucchinis, meeting neighbors, and Olympic hanging ceremonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment