Sunday, August 12, 2012

Reciprocation

Cheerio fine readers! When you last left us, we had strategically placed fine squash produce on our neighbors' porches. If you could not tell from the previous post, it was exhilarating, exciting, and a million and five other adjectives.

This is an image of "so much excitement" I found on Google. Pretty accurate, if you ask me.

Well, the excitement wore off on August 9th when we discovered that the majority of our neighbors were less than enthused by our zucchini. There was no mention of our good tidings, save for the lone banana (which REALLY, REALLY made our day.) Despite our super bummed demeanor, Ann Ham and I persevered. 

Transition Segment Transition Segment Transition Segment

Our one true "follower" of E26, Alexa (this is her blog!) came and crashed with us this weekend because she is temporarily homeless. We took this darling in, not only because she subscribes to our shenanigans, but because she is also my little sister's best friend. (There was some kind of sisterly duty that overwhelmed me. Sometimes I adopt individuals regardless of whether they need it or not. I'm like a people hoarder. It's totally normal, I swear.)

Alexa spent the weekend entertaining us, as well as cleaning our kitchen. She said she likes to wash dishes because it's therapeutic, but I'm slightly under the impression that she felt like she needed to. She didn't have to, but we weren't going to argue about it. We love clean dishes, and we love clean dishes that we didn't have to do. 

Saturday was a particularly entertaining day. What started as an adventure to find Ann Ham a new comforter escalated into a tour de force of the Columbus Palmer Home Thrift Store. That place is awesome and everything goes to a great cause. The Palmer Home for Children could be considered an organization of people hoarders, but in the most amazing and best possible sense of that phrase. (Told you it was normal.)

 Just some random picture frames. We bought 11 for $12. 


I'm also just going to throw this out there, I like the original thrift store in Columbus much better than the one in town. Columbus has ample space for browsing. And skiing (just trust me.)


Oh, hi! I'm just catching some good deals!

In addition to scoping out bargains on Saturday, the three of us participated in arts and crafts, as well as baking. I suppose baking could also be categorized under the arts and crafts heading... well, for the following reasons: 

1. Multitasking was involved.
 
2. Lots of color! Check out those colorful cake shavings. Yeah, we did it. That's a tie dyed cake.

There were lots of artistically-placed spoonfuls of colored cake batter. Prior to baking, the MSTATE cake really looked like a pile of deflated balloons, which in and of itself, was quite fun. However, once baked, that cake looked like a magical rainbow from space. And by magical rainbow from space, I mean it looked like a tie dyed cake that anyone and everyone would appreciate. 

I know you're appreciating it. 


Transition Segment Transition Segment Transition Segment

Oh happy day! This morning (let's be serious, this afternoon) as Alexa was preparing for her departure, she opened our apartment door and voila! we found this fine specimen:


Mr. (or Mrs.) Potato Head!
A big shout out goes to the fantastic occupant (and puppy) of D20. We in E26 had given up hope; our dreams were slightly shattered, but then you pieced them back together with this spectacular porch present! I hope you read this and know how great you made our Sunday. You sir, are a winner.

I leave you with one last image from our thrifting experience. Have a great week guys and gals!

We're so stylish.

P.S. If you want to know what our arts and crafts project was (and you definitely want to,) keep an eye out for future posts. =]

1 comment:

  1. I DID NOT FEEL LIKE I HAD TO DO THE DISHES! I like to! Really! :) I approve this message. (and this blog post.)

    ReplyDelete