Wednesday, July 31, 2013

AH and BSteer do the Color Run (and Discuss Archery?)

As far as I can tell, the past year or two has been associated with two main fads. The first fad is archery; archers have been EVERYWHERE, from Katniss Everdeen hunting down her own food/eliminating enemies like a boss in the Hunger Games...


To Clint Barton, AKA Hawkeye, being a stealthy, graceful, deadly accurate, sexy beast in The Avengers...


To Merida, the adorable red-headed and hot-tempered Scottish princess from Pixar's Brave...


To the CW television show Arrow, which I hear is about the super hero Green Arrow, who I haven't heard much about, but I'm sure is a bad ass because he has a bow and arrow, and isn't that the main qualifying factor for bad assery?


 None of this has anything to do with the rest of this post, by the way; I've just always liked archery and archers and the idea of being an archer, so this explosion of archery attention has made me quite happy and also makes me want to find and shoot a bow and arrow in the direction of nothing important because I haven't shot a bow and arrow since I was at summer camp and I likely need a bit of practice so I don't accidentally hurt anyone.

Yes, that was a very long sentence. No, I don't plan to change it. Moving on.

The second fad I feel like people are obsessed with is running. Over the past year or two, I feel like folks have been coming out of the woodwork as dedicated and determined runners. It seems the new symbol of a person's athletic ability is how many 5K's they've done, or whether or not they've run a half or full marathon (and have the 13.1 or 26.2 sticker to prove it), or how much weight they've lost over the course of training for a half marathon, etc.


Sometimes it feels like everyone I know or am related to is a runner. (Oh wait, they are: both of my parents and both of my siblings all run regularly and have run 5Ks and/or half marathons and/or extremely challenging running courses).

So BSteer and I decided to jump on the bandwagon! Or rather, run after the band wagon.

....

Hahahahaha. That's as far into a post about the Color Run as I got. More than half of it is about archery for some reason. I am the queen of rambling.

Long story short (I know what you're thinking; is she even capable of that? I'm damn sure going to try!):

Brittany and I decided to do the Color Run.
It was BSteer's our friend Dianna D's birthday weekend.
The three of us dressed in white along with BSteer's friend Molly P.


We ran and got messy. Somewhere during this process, powder got into my disposable camera and turned all the run pictures blue and wibbley.
For a while I got lost. Don't worry, they found me.


The color mostly turned black once the different colored powders combined on our sweaty skin.


We were very tired and very thirsty.
Molly had to go back home, so she left us. :(
After the run we each showered; the entire bathroom turned blue.
We went to a beer festival and explored downtown Memphis.


We sat on couches and drank wine and watched football.
We all went to bed.
The next day we went to the zoo for Dianna's birthday.


We had a blast.
The end!




BOOM I did it. Muahaha!
And just because this is being posted on Harry Potter's birthday (and I've already discussed that on this blog), I'll simply leave you with this.

Even HP gets in on the fads!

What? It's a marathon. It counts!

1 comment:

  1. every time one of my friends goes to the zoo without me, i throw myself a pity party

    ReplyDelete