Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Last One: AH and BSteer Go Out with a Bang

It's mid-July July 31. The final rent checks have been deposited, BSteer has moved out, and the lease is almost up.

The Shenanigans of E26 are no more.

Even though we were somewhat (incredibly) remiss about blogging about them, BSteer and I had plenty of shenanigans over our year of living together. You already know about the Olympics, and sneaky zucchini day, and thrifting with house guests, and skating, and roasting marshmallows. But you might not know about some of our other shenanigans.

For example, we

  • Wore sweat pants... a lot
And learned how to swipe text

And even got the pizza guy in on the sweatpants theme

  • Hung a picture of Sir Paul McCartney dressed as a cat in our living room and dubbed it "Sir Paul McCatney"
  • Invented taco pizza and tried (but failed) to translate Costa Rican prison twitter accounts
Complete with Catalina and sour cream. Mmmmmm.

  • Made teeny tiny cupcakes and brownies


  • Watched a lot of really fantastic television
  • Hammocked and sang songs and made Vines and threw discs of ice off our balcony


  • Befriended neighbors and watched Muppet Treasure Island until 3 in the morning
  • Drank lots of wine and ate lots of cheese and crackers and fruit

Boxed wine can still be classy!
And fruit in tupperware can be classy too!
  • Made puzzles and watched Good Burger
  • Drank coffee and played with puppies
  • Dyed Easter eggs, named Easter eggs, and ate Easter eggs

That's Percival wearing the bow tie
  • Wore matching clothes on accident
  • Explored cemeteries
  • Yelled at the moon
  • And ate more Chinese takeout than anyone anywhere has any right to ever consume in their lifetimes.

All in all, it was a pretty fantastic year.

Even as I sit here typing this, I'm remembered more and more fantastic things that happened that I wish we'd blogged about, especially amazing things that Brittany has accomplished: doing an amazing job (and impressing her superiors) at her counseling internship, making brownies for her college students who earned kudos points, passing comps like a boss, planning a pretty kick ass wedding, fixing her car(s) all by herself (sometimes in the pitch dark), facing her fear of birds, getting engaged, graduating from her masters program,  getting married, and being Jehovah's most secret witness (wow, this blog just cannot get away from sacrilege).

I am Brittany, hear me roar!

And now BSteer is married, and will be pretty much the perfect wife to pretty much the perfect man in what is pretty much the most perfect pairing of people in any relationship I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

Look at 'em. Just precious.

And I will move on to a new roommate (who is going to be awesome, y'all) with new shenanigans in new apartments with new pictures of other celebrities hanging on the walls. And BSteer will continue to move on to new cities in new apartments with a permanent roommate, and they will have shenanigans and make memories and it will be a wonderful, beautiful thing.

But real talk, I'm gonna miss that girl.

Can you blame me? She's adorable!

We talked about work. And movies. And books. And boys. And pets. And weddings. And jobs. And house hunting. And the future. And the past. And life. And what's going to happen next. And how weird and scary and amazing it's all going to be.

So Brittany, thanks for being an amazing roommate at a time when I really needed it. And thanks for being an amazing friend when I needed it even more. And thanks for introducing me to your friends that I've made my own. And thanks for apartment hunting with me when I was scared I'd be homeless. And thanks for listening to me constantly talk about puppies. And thanks for including me in your wedding and letting me celebrate the beginning of the next stage of your life with you. And thanks for always making the most delicious spaghetti I've ever eaten.

You guys don't even understand. It's phenomenal.

And everyone else, thanks for reading when we would be ridiculous and occasionally write about it. Thanks to the handful of folks who could comment, and all the others who would read in secret. Your page views showed your appreciation in words your comments didn't say.

(Yeah people, that's a not-so-subtle dig at our lack of feedback. Maybe we would have written more if you'd commented more. Boom. Truth bomb. Just kidding. You're forgiven. I'm sorry. I love you.)

So... I guess that's it. It's been fun, y'all. I wish we'd taken more time to chronicle them, but the most important thing is that memories were made. And while E26 will welcome a pair of entirely new tenants who will likely have their own shenanigans and make their own memories, the age of AH and BSteer will live on in our minds, our hearts, and a smattering of really wordy blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment